As we continue to rely on technology for entertainment and keeping in touch with friends and family, the following articles may help keep
children safer online:
- A parent’s guide to privacy settings (including important information about how to switch off location setting)
- Gaming - what parents need to know
- What is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- Visit Think U Know for helpful advice on Keeping Safe on the Internet.
Please also see below guidance from the Children’s Commissioner for parents and carers, on how to talk to your child about online sexual harassment. Based on the voices of children and young people it gives tips to adults about how they can support children to stay safer online.
- Online Sexual Harrassment - a guide for parents talking to a child
For a concise summary of safeguarding against online harms use the link below.