Welcome to Year 3
Our Year 3 Team
- Mrs Parker
- Miss Benton
- Mrs Picillo – Learning Support Assistant
- Mrs Robbins - Learning Support Assistant
- Miss Briggenshaw – Learning Support Assistant
- Mrs Davey – Learning Support Assistant
What’s new in key stage 2?
- French – taught by the class teacher on a weekly basis – basic greetings and vocabulary
- Pen licences – awarded when children are demonstrating neat handwriting across all subjects and the ability to edit and correct work neatly as well.
- A gradually increased expectation for children to work independently and take more responsibility for their own organisation (homework – Reading and Times Tables, equipment, relaying messages)
- Children should arrive in school between 8:40 and 8:50am and should be picked up at 3:15pm
- Lining up – children should line up outside the Year 3 classrooms in class lines (by the bollards).
- End of the day – children will be collected by a recognised adult from the classroom doors.
- Children should bring a healthy snack for break times – fruit/veg only please, dried or fresh.
- Most lessons are taught by class teachers. Mr Wells takes the children for PE on a Wednesday afternoon. Mrs Hartshorn will also teach the children PSHE on a Wednesday afternoon.
- Children are responsible for their own reading books, reading quizzes and should ask to change or complete either of these. They will always be given time in the school day however, reading quizzes can now be completed at home.